Monday, May 21, 2012

Breaking Down Patterns Of Negative Thoughts And Feelings

Having understood that the source of our feelings are our thoughts, we
realize that right through our journey in the physical world, in many
births, *we have repeatedly built up enormous webs of negative and harmful
thoughts and feelings, creating many unnecessary difficulties for us,
internally as well as externally.* The habit continues in my present life
too. *Meditation helps me to untangle this mess, and break the habit.* It
helps me come to terms with what is going on in my own inner world and
understand how I create thoughts and feelings, how to take responsibility
for them, and how to tap into my original, positive inner resources, which
helps me displace negative patterns of thoughts and feelings. So,
meditation is not merely a relaxation technique but a powerful tool for a
seemingly difficult task of self-transformation.

*To get the positive cycle of thoughts and feelings working in my life, the
easiest place to start with is our thoughts.* It's not very difficult to
change our thoughts. It just requires attention. And by changing my
thoughts, it becomes easy to change my feelings. In meditation, I decide
that for a few minutes, each day (it could be as less as 1-2 minutes or as
much as 25-30 minutes, depending on the external setting I am in) I am
going to set aside negative thoughts which are weak or wasteful, and create
pure, positive, powerful thoughts, based on the awareness of my spiritual
identity. As I do this, I begin to experience the original resources or
treasures of the self. As a result, positive and powerful feelings for the
self and others emerge.

No comments:

Post a Comment