Friday, March 16, 2012

Becoming Responsible For My Destiny (cont.)

Factors like any particular person, a group of people, the government,
nature, even God, etc. cannot be held responsible for *what has happened to
me in my life, up to this moment.* It is my and my responsibility alone.
Equally, what my future holds depends on me to a very large extent. Rather,
*whatever I choose to do at this moment is already creating my destiny for
tomorrow.* I shouldn't forget that the only real time I have for creating my
future is the present, now.

'Karma' teaches me that at every step, I am the creator of my own little
world, the creator of my future circumstances.* I also am the creator of the
environment immediately around me. On a bigger level I am a co-creator or
partner, together with God, of a positive future of the world, of the world
of tomorrow, of the world of peace, love and happiness.* So my
responsibility and my ability to influence the future is not restricted to
my life alone.

That I can create the future of my choice - of love, peace and happiness,
for myself and others, can appear as unreasonable optimism. It's just being
realistic. What I create is what is going to happen. If I choose to transmit
love and peace in my interactions with others today, I create relationships,
in the present and for the future, based on those qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment